Kulla e Sahatit / Saat Kule
The Clock Tower was built in 1822 in Tirana by Etëhem Bey Mollaj, a Bejtexhinj poet who also finished the Et’hem Bey Mosque next to the clock tower. It is a monument of culture of first category, approved on 24 May 1948. The stairs have 90 steps that go in a spiral fashion. It is 35 metres (115 ft) tall and was the tallest building in the city at the time. Since the restoration of 2016, 9,833 visitors were counted, who have visited the tower.
The clock tower was built by the Ottoman Turks and originally had a bell from Venice, that marked the time every hour. In 1928, the Municipality of Tirana purchased a new clock in Germany, to replace the existing one. The clock was destroyed by bombardments during World War II and was replaced in 1946 with a Roman numeral clock from a church in Shkodër. In 1970, the Roman numeral clock was replaced by a Chinese clock. The tower underwent renovation in 1981 and also in 1999. Access to the top of the tower has been available free of charge since 1996. A new restoration is ongoing by The Municipality of Tirana in 2010 for tourists.